I, you may or may not realize, am extremely sensitive to interpersonal relationships. I rarely get attached, so it isn't a big deal when people walk out of my life. What is a big deal, however, is when they try to walk back in acting like they know me and know what is going on and try to give me all kinds of empty cliche advice. I hate to go all Maury on these girls but "you don't know me! you don't know me!'
Today, on my long long drive back to nati, I was reflecting on Highschool and all the drama that went down Sophomore year. Damn, that was a really long time ago-but, not surprisingly, it feels like yesterday. Its interesting to me that I can look back on those years and see patterns/habits forming that I still follow today. The early bases of walls, learning to walking away, using sarcasm to deflect any pain, all tactics I use with great skill today.
I'm telling my kids today.
Fuck.
Love you best friend.
ReplyDelete