"Really? Great, Now I'm afraid of fear too."
What are we most afraid of admitting about ourselves? What is that thing that we never want to own up too? What things are we hiding from ourselves that are actually holding us back?
Recently, I have been refraining from saying "I have trust issues". Cause, frankly, who doesn't? I don't want to be "that girl". The one that seems like I'm always whining, or trying to garner attention through my issues from my past.
But at Poco tonight, I heard some wise words that went something like this.
"I have trust issues. Not in the, I can't tell you a secret, sort of way. But in the, I don't want to get so involved that any of my emotional well being is wrapped up in you", sort of way. I don't want to care. I don't want to give you any part of me. I don't want to trust you not to hurt me."
That is so true. I can hang out with people, I can talk, joke, laugh, and be the best of everything. But I want them at an arms length.
Yeah, Its lonely. But let me tell you, at least I can rest easy knowing that the only person that has the chance to let me down is me.
No comments:
Post a Comment