So I got up at an hour my mother would call 'reasonable' (but I would call ungodly) today. And I quickly reviewed my Theater Resume, printed out a head shot, got dressed and went on my way to Circle Player's auditions for "To Kill a Mockingbird". After about an hours worth of driving and being lost, I realized that I was NOT the right age for the show and I was NOT willing to drive that far to rehearsal every day... so I gave up and came home.
On the way home, however, I stopped by the new tea-room, Homestead Manor, and ended up picking up an application. I took it home and then brought it back, completed, several hours later and was hired on the spot! Praise the Lord for small blessings. If only all Job applications and hirings were so easy. Mom always reminds my to keep my prayers specific, and on my way in i whispered "Dear God, Please let them be hiring a cute, 20 year old Laura. Love, Me" And they were! Hurrah!
Now i have just gotten home from dear EAP's house (Evil Aunt Pat, for those that don't know) and I'm going to shower before curing up in bed with my book. I'm rather worn out and ecstatic about it.
Blessings to you all.
Fabulous! Where is this tea room that just hired you?
ReplyDelete